Monday, May 9, 2011

current craving: cheese fries

Photo by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt.

I'm dying for cheese fries. Steak 'n Shake does them best, in my opinion, but while BW & I used to go there all the time (there's one in our hometown), we haven't gone to one since our honeymoon (the nearest one to our house is 20 minutes away). Tomorrow is our dating anniversary (yes, I still count that as a semi-holiday even though we're married now), so maybe I can convince him to take me the 20 minutes for a taste of cheesy heaven. More likely, since he's got a dentist appointment tomorrow, we'll just settle for homemade mac 'n cheese at home tonight. At least then I'll have my cheese fix. The fries may have to wait.

J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, who took the photo above, was adventurous enough to make his own awesome cheese sauce. Read about it on Serious Eats if you want to be inspired and incredibly hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think! Please be courteous.